Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Project: Capital hull research

I checked various locations, and have found that it is substantially cheaper to research blueprints in player-owned outposts. In light of this I have decided that I will be putting optimal research into my hull blueprints, which would have been very expensive in highsec.


There are plenty of outposts in providence where anybody can dock. The trouble is that player-owned outposts don't always stay under the control of the same players, so it may at some point become impossible to dock at whatever outpost I do research at. Fortunately, this issue can be solved by keeping a ship and jump clone in the station. All my characters will have a clone there, and I've decided that three of them will have blockade running tengus: One to evac blueprints that finish quickly, one for slow blueprints, and one scout who will inevitably be locked out when I undock without noticing that system ownership has changed.

Also of note, research implants are useful now. If I research my nyx bpo to ME10, a 5% implant will save me 300 million.

I probably won't research my nyx bpo to ME10.

Anyhow, I've got my hull prints in an outpost and am moving characters into position now.

No comments:

Post a Comment