Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Looking forward, looking back

With the war over I've come to the realization that I don't have anything to write about. This is funny because I actually had the idea of starting this blog before the fighting started, back around November of last year. I can't remember any of the posts I had planned to write, but I'm pretty sure there was going to be a lot of industry stuff; I was planning to mine and manufacture for fun once I had earned enough to buy a mothership.

During the last six months everything has changed: my short and long term goals, the ships I can fly, where I live and even the large-scale political situation. Gone now are the halcyon days of my youth when I thought there might be such thing as enough isk; as my earning power and knowledge of the game have increased, so have my goals and the cost of reaching them.

I've been rather dismissive of writing about myself (the 'nobody cares' tag was established for this purpose) but with my alliance on an isk-making holiday my attention has turned to PVE, and so too will the content here. Fortunately for you, dear readers, peace never lasts; there have been hints of a new campaign starting in the foreseeable future, and even if that falls through it's only a matter of time before somebody attacks us.

4 comments:

  1. o/ Greetings from a fellow member of the North I live a little south of you in Majesta space. Been reading your blog since I joined the NC via Reliables inc aka 23-7.Its kept me in the overall loop and for that I'm grateful. Its nice to read a blog with no spindoctors working it (unlike some I know with aggressive tendencies *cough*)

    Funny enough though Im new to blogging (just started one myself (shameless plug search me on blogspot)only 2 blogs I read are yours and Mr.Aggresive and got inspired to start my own and tell my own EVE stories from the view point of another grunt in the NC. No BS politics just telling it how I see it.

    But yeah as the wars been dieing down Ive found myself mining the hell out of grav belts and ratting my heart out for more isk for more ships for the next war. Not exactly fun as pvp but cant have one without the other \o/. Look forward to reading more from ya. o7

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, awesome. Checked out your stuff and I'm actually looking forward to the next post, so I'll add you to my links (not that you'll get a whole lot of hits from here or anything). Be sure to send kinux and evebloggers your address if you haven't already.

    I found Easley to be a pretty good poaster during the war, though since IT left he, too, has suffered from the low content epidemic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will do when I can figure that out. Still new to the blog mechanics =x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just put a comment with your address at http://www.evebloggers.com/?page_id=139 and http://www.crazykinux.com/2008/04/eve-online-blogroll-lovefest.html

    ReplyDelete