Monday, March 22, 2010

You know those kills?

No, not the triple-tanked battleships with random sizes and types of weapon. Those can be explained by simple idicy. Those kills, the ones that aren't merely bad but which seem physically impossible. The neutral freighter undocking from your station. The mission-fit hostile paladin wandering through your space, ten jumps from the closest possible undock point.

There is a navy apocalypse fit meant for solo PvP. It has armor; it has dps; I don't fancy my chances against it in a 1v1. It was with this reasonable pvp setup that some IT guy fit his navy apoc, and took it to M-O. M-O is a major 0.0 entry point; it is one of the dozen most-camped systems in the game.

He didn't use a scout. I am trying, really trying, to imagine what sort of decision-making process would lead to this situation, but I've got nothing.


Later that same day I warped to a gate in my cov ops. I was in northern MM space -- NC core, blues for 10 jumps in every direction. As I was about to jump a neutral orca decloaked 15 km from the gate and (no scram! dammit!) warped off.

I'd like to take a moment here to appreciate this situation. Orca. Neutral. Stargate. 0.0. Do you have a headache yet?

Anyway, he died trying to dock at an MM station. He will be sorely missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment